Update Schedule

There was once an update schedule. It lived a good life, a peaceful life. A quiet life. But then... things began to change. It became more and more erratic, sometimes completely disobeying its very reason for existance. And at last, the update schedule could take no more. It cast off its chains and went free, seeking new lands where it would be appreciated. This message it left where once it had lived, to warn other schedules of the peril.

Monday, April 27, 2015

Review: The Whispering Skull


The Whispering Skull
The Whispering Skull by Jonathan Stroud

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



3/3 (considering it as a elementary-middle school aged book, which it is.)
I really don't like ghost books. So I'm not sure why I started reading this series. It's been fun, and I can definitely see traces of Bartimaeous in it, which is also fun (most authors I find their separate works to be entirely different). However, there is the fact that it is a ghost book, which is why I probably won't be moving on to the next one.
Anyway. The love story was quite well done, and to be honest I really hope they never get together, because I like it how it is. I still dislike George (as a character archetype, not the individual). Lockwood is somehow not as charming as he should be.
The whole contest element was also done extremely well. I think it would have been better if things had gone the other way, personally, but I did like that they were usually able to realize when they were being completely immature.
So... it was a fine book. I wish I'd read it when I was ten. Jonathan Stroud remains awesome.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment