Update Schedule

There was once an update schedule. It lived a good life, a peaceful life. A quiet life. But then... things began to change. It became more and more erratic, sometimes completely disobeying its very reason for existance. And at last, the update schedule could take no more. It cast off its chains and went free, seeking new lands where it would be appreciated. This message it left where once it had lived, to warn other schedules of the peril.

Sunday, April 26, 2015

Review: Knife of Dreams


Knife of Dreams
Knife of Dreams by Robert Jordan

My rating: 2 of 5 stars



2/3
Well, that was fun! Only two stars because...um...actually, I can't really think of a reason other than that I have all the others 2/3. Maybe because of the title (it makes more sense the more I think about it, but that's way too much thought and almost no relationship to the book required). Also the whole "Lord of Chaos" thing. I can't even remember who's supposed to be the Lord of Chaos- Rand?
I don't really have all that much to say about this book. So, random comments as I remember them:
The number of women smoothing their skirts has actually gone down to a semi-normal level.
The people throwing up are getting their.
The Seanchan are kind of epic.
I don't really like Tuon anymore, though.
And Karede is an idiot. Did he really think anyone would be fooled? And I have the feeling that the whole Thom thing was funny, but I don't remember why Karede thinks that.
And lastly... my dreams have been crushed. Robert Jordan has ripped my soul out and stomped on it. I went into this series thinking there would be dragons. Even when there weren't, I never lost faith. And the Raken appeared. Giant winged lizards that were to all appearances breathing fire. It was quite a while before the truth was revealed (stupid damane) and I discovered that it was a Chinese dragon anyway. But now... the characters themselves stand around laughing uproariously at my dreams. You'll see, Rand Al'Thor. My winged dragons are coming, and you'll be sorry when they do.
On to book 12!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment