Update Schedule

There was once an update schedule. It lived a good life, a peaceful life. A quiet life. But then... things began to change. It became more and more erratic, sometimes completely disobeying its very reason for existance. And at last, the update schedule could take no more. It cast off its chains and went free, seeking new lands where it would be appreciated. This message it left where once it had lived, to warn other schedules of the peril.

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Stuff...

I haven't done anything so terribly exciting that I need to blog about it, but I'm not skipping out on the update schedule on the second day, so I'll try to make this interesting. Next week I'll try to have a pre-planned topic so things go more smoothly.
I'm currently reading Agent of Change, a Liadin Universe book. This may be the first, fourth, or ninth book in the series.... no one seems quite sure. I'm also still reading The Eye of the World... I keep getting sidetracked.
The last book I read is Free to Fall, which I will most likely not review on here, although you can see my (not quite finished) review on Goodreads here.
Someone actually noticed one of my Goodreads reviews, which was a great self-esteem boost.
I discovered that if I search "hamster huey three stars the limit" this actually comes up, which was very exciting (I'm on Google!)
I've started watching Firefly, after being forcibly shoved into a chair and having a computer thrust in my face. After all my protests, turns out it's not bad. So... I can be sort of wrong (sometimes... yeah, that's probably all the humility for today).
As I mentioned before, Slaves of Socorro by John Flanagan just came out. I haven't gotten a chance to read it yet, but the preview looked pretty good.
Oh, and remember Vizzini, from The Princess Bride (movie)? Turns out the actor played the dinosaur on Toy Story (who knew?).
The Amazon Fire phone is released today or possibly tomorrow (?)... more on that when I see the reaction (I suspect mass disappointment, but we'll see.) Kindle Unlimited continues to be unimpressive.
If I Stay, based on a rather terrible book by Gayle Forman (I should review that one when the movie comes out, I have a lot to say on that subject, but I'd rather wait until the movie to see if the storyline can be saved) is coming up soon in late August. Other soon-to-be-released movies based on books are, in order of release date: The Giver (I hear they released a new and better trailer, the previous one was terrible), The Maze Runner (I have hope for this one), and Mockingjay (I can't say part one, I might cry from the stupidity of it all, and I maintain that the poster is the only part worth seeing because of the cool flaming logos). I will probably be reviewing each of these along with their movie when the movie is released.
And... I'm out of things to blog about (not a very interesting week, sorry). See you Sunday for my review of Fangirl. If anyone has any book recommendations, I could really use some.

No comments:

Post a Comment