Update Schedule

There was once an update schedule. It lived a good life, a peaceful life. A quiet life. But then... things began to change. It became more and more erratic, sometimes completely disobeying its very reason for existance. And at last, the update schedule could take no more. It cast off its chains and went free, seeking new lands where it would be appreciated. This message it left where once it had lived, to warn other schedules of the peril.

Saturday, July 19, 2014

Slaves of Socorro

Hi, I'm back. Thank you all for you non-existant comments; I feel assured now that there are people out there who care if I update this (seriously, guys, the views are going up... not fast, but is typing "I hate you and your blog" into the comment box so hard?). Because of the complete lack of help from all sides, I've been bookless for a few days, but yesterday I read Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell (expect a review soon), and I'm in the middle of The Eye of the World by Robert Jordan (not sure about that one, I tend not to review epic fantasy because there's just so much of it. Perhaps I'll have an epic fantasy week in honor of my first comment.)
If you're wondering why I used so many labels, it's because my labeling system is...erratic. I don't use them for several posts and then I go crazy and use dozens (although apparently there's a character limit... they're on to me.). In theory it's to help you find your way around my blog. In practice clicking a label is unlikely to be very helpful; I advise searching instead or asking me in a comment (yet another excellent use for the comments that no one has taken advantage of).
Back to the actual point of this blog. I've mentioned Ranger's Apprentice before (although I think I forgot to tag it, so it's lost to the sands of time). It's written by John Flanagan, blah blah blah (if no one cares I don't have to read boring Wikipedia pages on copyright dates and what you call a spinoff series... hmmm, this lack of interest could be useful). Basically there's this... well, as mentioned in the last sentence, I don't have to do research if no one's checking me, so let's say it's probably either a companion series or a spinoff series. One sounds like they're not quite committed enough to each other to get married, and the other sounds like they had a kid while still in this state and no one wants the poor thing.
Well, happy news, because they're engaged/ one of the parents took the child in. Yep, that's right... the Brotherband Chronicles and Ranger's Apprentice are connecting!
Yay (current statistics suggest no one else is going to say it anywhere near this page, so I figure I might as well).
I have not actually read this supposedly excellent novel by John Flanagan, called Slaves of Socorro (yes, that's an Amazon link, I'm holding the Goodreads and other links for ransom, to be released upon the payment of one comment requesting them), but I hope to do so in the immediate future. It's getting quite good reviews at the moment, and the appearance of characters from Ranger's Apprentice (according to Amazon, RA is "mega-selling", which sadly doesn't appear to mean they're selling gigantic copies in an attempt to raise sails (that was a typo, but get it?).) is an intriguing concept (there appears to be an internet conspiracy not to let me know which ranger is appearing. I'll tell you as soon as I know.)
So, thank you for reading (if you exist... I'm starting to doubt), and see you (well, probably not, considering how unpopular this seems to be) next time I post (would an update schedule improve things? I post almost every day as it is...)

And the cover (in case anyone's reading this to care.) Not bad, whoever-designed-this-cover. Not bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment