Update Schedule

There was once an update schedule. It lived a good life, a peaceful life. A quiet life. But then... things began to change. It became more and more erratic, sometimes completely disobeying its very reason for existance. And at last, the update schedule could take no more. It cast off its chains and went free, seeking new lands where it would be appreciated. This message it left where once it had lived, to warn other schedules of the peril.

Sunday, December 14, 2014

Spoilers

Apologies for the formatting, it won't let me change it. Something is deeply wrong with Blogger and I don't know what it is. I hope to find out and fix it soon.


Today I was glancing through my Goodreads feed, and there was a thread someone had started which was labeled *spoiler alert* or something like that- but followed immediately by the spoiler, in the title where no one could avoid it. Not only that, but they'd posted it in the wrong book of the series's discussion thread, so I opened it to ask the person to change the title, and was bombarded with spoilers for the next book in the series, which I haven't read yet. And now, thanks to this person, probably never will.
There is little I dislike more than spoilers. My sister always reads Wikipedia to find out what happened, and then when we're watching something or I'm reading something, is always telling me spoilers for whatever it is. It really just ruins things.Why read the book if not to find out what happens next?
So, for all of those people out there like my sister: even if you want to know, please don't ruin it for everyone else. For those idiots out there like the person on Goodreads... I honestly have nothing to say. It is the most insensitive and rude thing I have ever come across on the internet- and that might make me sound sheltered, but it's true. It showed such a blatant disregard for other people. It was mind-blowing. Most horrible things on the internet are support for one group against another. This was just someone saying "I don't care, so I'm going to ruin something you were enjoying for my own petty amusement".
So, there's the rant of the day. It was going to be about the book I was reading, but I guess that'll have to wait for tomorrow (or the review).

No comments:

Post a Comment