Update Schedule

There was once an update schedule. It lived a good life, a peaceful life. A quiet life. But then... things began to change. It became more and more erratic, sometimes completely disobeying its very reason for existance. And at last, the update schedule could take no more. It cast off its chains and went free, seeking new lands where it would be appreciated. This message it left where once it had lived, to warn other schedules of the peril.

Saturday, September 13, 2014

Review: The Alloy of Law


The Alloy of Law
The Alloy of Law by Brandon Sanderson

My rating: 2 of 5 stars



Like Alcatraz, this was just Brandon Sanderson having fun.
"Wax and Wayne". Tinfoil hats to stop mind control. Wayne in general (I loved the interrogation scene).
It's not that it didn't work, or that I didn't enjoy it, although it's certainly not my favorite of his books.
It only gets 2 because I was hoping for a more fleshed out version of how the world had evolved, rather than a western with magic. Why aren't there any mistborns? How can someone be twinborn? What on earth is compounding, and how can they heal fast enough to survive a shot to the head? What happens to the bullet?
Also, the romance was really weird. But I liked the ending of it (if that was the ending). I also loved whatever-her-name is, the arranged marriage one. She was awesome.
So... yeah. Amusing, but not awesome.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment