Update Schedule

There was once an update schedule. It lived a good life, a peaceful life. A quiet life. But then... things began to change. It became more and more erratic, sometimes completely disobeying its very reason for existance. And at last, the update schedule could take no more. It cast off its chains and went free, seeking new lands where it would be appreciated. This message it left where once it had lived, to warn other schedules of the peril.

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Channeling My Thoughts Through Writing

I've gone totally off-topic with all the death and personal life stuff (just one more- we have two new mousies!). So, back on the real topic- books, writing, etc.
Does anyone reading this keep a diary/journal? I keep starting them- it really helps me to write it all out- but I can never keep it up. This blog is also really helpful, but I recently started doing something else.  I've begun using writing a novel as a journal. I change names and some events, and I write down how I felt and what happened in that sort of random-snippets-of-my-life format. I think this way anyway (yes, I narrate pretty much everything I do in my head- but hey, compared to what I used to do (doing this in third-person past tense) it's totally normal). It's helped me a lot. Just a side note- it wasn't really off-topic because it was about writing.
In reading I'm on book four of the Wheel of Time series, but there are fourteen of them so I'm also reading stuff in between. The last book I read was Speak, which is also the first review I successfully (that isn't spelled right, is it...) published on here through Goodreads (yay).
I've noticed lately that I use parentheses a lot. That's my weird brain. Sorry.
I'm planning to do NaNoWriMo for the first time this year, so I'm kind of nervous to start anything in case it would have been better as a NaNoWriMo novel. It's silly. I should get past it.
I have a few books I need to read, and then a whole to-read list, so it's probably a good thing that my non-existant readers aren't recommending me books (although I blame the one person I think is reading this for distracting me with Speak- let's all take a moment to appreciate her, shall we? Someone could actually be reading this right now).
So, I think that's it for today. If anyone's reading this... how are you? What have you been reading/writing? What brought you here?

No comments:

Post a Comment