Update Schedule

There was once an update schedule. It lived a good life, a peaceful life. A quiet life. But then... things began to change. It became more and more erratic, sometimes completely disobeying its very reason for existance. And at last, the update schedule could take no more. It cast off its chains and went free, seeking new lands where it would be appreciated. This message it left where once it had lived, to warn other schedules of the peril.

Friday, August 22, 2014

Couldn't Stay Away

I tried, I really did. I told myself I needed a vacation. I needed to read without feeling I had to review the books. That failed, I just reviewed them on Goodreads.
And so here I am, a full week or so before I meant to return.
I don't know if the format/ update schedule is staying the same; it was feeling too restricting to me, so probably I'll go back to the informal posts thing. But don't worry, this should actually make the posts more frequent.
Some things that are changing:
1) I'm trying (it's in progress) to have my Goodreads reviews appear on here automatically, which will make things a lot easier. I don't think there's a way to transfer the old reviews, though, so if you want a particular book reviewed feel free to ask me and I'll read it (if necessary) and tell you what I think. Don't worry, I'm a fast reader.
Update: This is in trial stages now; I hope to have it working by next week. Sorry about any weirdness that occurs during the tests.
2) The update schedule was just killed. I rather like what I've replaced it with.
Update: Due to #1, the site header has changed. The original should be appearing at the top of every review from now on (on Goodreads, too) but that will take a while.
3) I'll probably post more things that aren't reviews. But quality should go up with the schedule's demise.
So... yeah, that's about it. If anyone's reading this, I'd love to know.

Currently reading: The Hero of Ages (Brandon Sanderson), The Dragon Reborn (Robert Jordan), and Shadowfell (I don't care enough to know the author). Sense a theme? Yep, that's right- I'm moving back into fantasy. Especially epic fantasy. This doesn't mean no YA, Dystopian, etc., and I'm still happy to read any sort of book on request. But I'm finding myself much happier with fantasy right now, so this trend will probably continue for a bit (there's only so much readable epic fantasy- Robert Jordan is already pushing it).

Basically, I'm back. Expect more posts soon. :)

And if you're reading this, I'd really love to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment