Update Schedule

There was once an update schedule. It lived a good life, a peaceful life. A quiet life. But then... things began to change. It became more and more erratic, sometimes completely disobeying its very reason for existance. And at last, the update schedule could take no more. It cast off its chains and went free, seeking new lands where it would be appreciated. This message it left where once it had lived, to warn other schedules of the peril.

Sunday, February 22, 2015

Review: A Crown of Swords


A Crown of Swords
A Crown of Swords by Robert Jordan

My rating: 2 of 5 stars



Another one down. I was very disturbed by Robert Jordan's appaent lack of knowledge as to the difference between smiling at people and raping them, or his apparent idea that if women don't agree to "share" a man between them they're being jealous and silly (hold strong, Elayne.) As usual the ending was too rushed, and this time I was left with only guesses as to what had actually happened (is Sammael actually dead? Why was there a random guy and was he Asmodean? How did that maiden survive for so long? And WHY does Rand never listen about balefire?) While I can't really pinpoint anything, this felt weaker plotwise than his other books. His women continue to make me want to shake him (especially the Aes Sedai. If I see "cool serenity" one more time...) The "Mat/Rand/Perrin understands wome" thing is getting seriously old.
As usual, typos and missing words throughout (Justin instead of Juilin still makes me cringe when I think of it). Someone had oh-so-kindly taken a pen to the copy I got out of the library, but even they couldn't catch them all. (No, I didn't correct the rest of the typos. I have some self-control when it comes to incorrect grammar/spelling. It was tempting, though.)
So... onto the next. I should probably find out what the title is.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment