Update Schedule

There was once an update schedule. It lived a good life, a peaceful life. A quiet life. But then... things began to change. It became more and more erratic, sometimes completely disobeying its very reason for existance. And at last, the update schedule could take no more. It cast off its chains and went free, seeking new lands where it would be appreciated. This message it left where once it had lived, to warn other schedules of the peril.

Saturday, May 20, 2017

Review: The Dark Prophecy

The Dark Prophecy The Dark Prophecy by Rick Riordan
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I found perhaps half of Riordan's attempts at jokes to be funny; I imagine that if I were in the intended age range that number would be much higher. I'm not nearly as impressed with the mythology as I was in the Percy Jackson books- in this one I honestly found myself skeptical that Riordan pulled any of it from real sources (I haven't had a chance to research it yet)- but the change has been away from ancient mythology and toward learning tolerance for other human beings, which I can't really complain about. While these (and the other new series) might not be as good books as his earlier ones, the addition of morals makes up for it, at least for me.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment